Osteopathic Pledge of Commitment
As members of the osteopathic medical profession, in an effort to install loyalty and strengthen the profession, we recall the tenets of which this profession is founded – the dynamic interaction of mind, body and spirit; the body’s ability to heal itself; the primary role of the musculoskeletal system; and the preventive medicine as the key to maintain health. We recognize the work our predecessors have accomplished in building the profession, and we commit ourselves to continuing that work.
I pledge to:
- Provide compassionate, quality care to my patients;
- Partner with them to promote health;
- Display integrity and professionalism throughout my career;
- Advance the philosophy, practice and science of osteopathic medicine;
- Continue life-long learning;
- Support my profession with loyalty in action, word and deed; and
- Live each day as an example of what an osteopathic physician should be.